02 May, 2011

Tabouleh

Wow, my very own blog - How exciting! It's been a long time under way. First, I spent a long time debating whether to make one at all, 'cos really, who would want to read anything I write? And how would anyone ever come to know of it anyway? But I love to write, so if I want a blog, I'm gonna have one, damn it! Even if it's just for me. Either way, it will be handy having all my recipes readily available online, when I can't think of anything to cook for dinner. Once I had come to the conclusion that I was going to create a blog, the issue of the blog title arose. It's a tricky business, and for a while it seemed like every possible blog title was already in use. But luckily my mind wandered and I ended up thinking, as I so often do, of my favourite zombie-killers Shaun and Ed, and that's how I ended up with my slices of fried gold.


To be honest, I didn't have tabouleh tonight. I had it a few weeks ago, when I was still in the blog-naming process. At that time, Denmark was blessed with wonderful warm weather, and a tabouleh salad with fresh herbs and crunchy veggies seemed the ideal dinner. For a few days now though, it's been pretty chilly, and I've spent a good part of today feeling sorry for myself cold, but the memories of this tabouleh salad reminds me that summer was once here, and that hopefully it will be back again soon.





Tabouleh:


1 dl of coarse bulgur
1 red or yellow pepper (I used yellow)

1 red onion
1 stick of sellery
3 small wine tomatoes
1 carrot
Half a cucumber
2 large handfuls of fresh flat leaf parsley
A large handful of fresh mint
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper

While the bulgur is cooling down, finely chop all your vegetables and combine them in a bowl. Finely chop your herbs and add them to the veggies. Once the bulgur has cooled, add it to the vegetables and dress with a dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment