11 May, 2011

Mushroom quiche

This has to be one of my favourite fillings for a quiche. It's really simple, but so delicious, and when it comes to quiches, I do tend to think that less is more. Last time I made it, I used a mix of portobello and oyster mushrooms. If I were a rich man, I would have probably done the same tonight, but it worked really well with just normal white mushrooms as well. 




Mushroom quiche:

1 portion of dough for quiche crust (I used the "just add water" variety)
400 g. button mushrooms
Butter
Dried rosemary
4 organic eggs
2 dl. fromage frais
2 dl. grated gouda
Salt and pepper 

Prepare the dough for your crust, roll it out with a rolling pin or just press it out flat with your fingers until it covers the entire base of your quiche tin. Chop all your mushrooms into small pieces. Fry the mushrooms in butter until all the liquid has evaporated, and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Divide the mushrooms evenly onto the crust. In a bowl, combine eggs, fromage frais and cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, and bake the quiche in a preheated oven, for 35 to 40 minutes at 200 degrees (or according to the instructions on whichever quiche crust you are using).

I served it with a salad made with green beans, cherry tomatoes, finely chopped red onion and crumbled feta cheese, with a rapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard vinaigrette. 




No comments:

Post a Comment