10 June, 2011

Green smoothie with kiwi, melon and spinach

Lately, I haven't had much time for blogging, and sadly not for cooking either.  When I'm revising for my exams, I pretty much barricade myself in my bedroom (also home to my desk). The boundaries between night and day are erased, I live in my pyjamas, and I only come out of the bedroom for the occasional bowl of yoghurt. Yesterday however, I found a gap in my busy schedule, giving me just enough time to produce one delicious and nutritious smoothie!

Whenever I have leftover, ripe fruit, I always freeze it before it goes bad, and then use it for smoothies. I cut it up into small chunks before freezing it - that way it can go straight from my freezer and into my blender. Yesterday my freezer offered frozen banana and kiwi, and they became the starting point from which my smoothie took form! If you don't have any frozen fruit, I'm sure throwing a few ice cubes in there would do the trick.




Green smoothie with kiwi, melon and spinach:

A small tin of coconut milk (160 ml)
Half a frozen banana, peeled and sliced
1 frozen kiwi, peeled and chopped
A quarter of a galia melon, peeled and chopped
2 handfuls of fresh spinach 

Place all the ingredients in a blender an blend until smooth. To change the consistency, add more coconut milk, any other type of milk or fruit juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment